Senior and Caregiver Support
If you are a senior or a caregiver who is struggling with isolation, anxiety, depression, loss, life transition, or abuse, or if you need help managing your emotions or next steps in your life, our Registered Clinical Counsellor can help. Contact us to get started.
Volunteer Caring Connections for Seniors
Our dedicated and experienced volunteers provide individual support for seniors living with chronic or terminal illness, via phone or online meeting platform. Contact us for individual support.
Caregivers Connect Programs
We know caring for an aging family member or friend requires time, commitment, and compassion. We also know caregiving can be stressful. We provide free support, connections, resources, and referrals for family and friends caring for older adults who live at home. Drop in for conversation and workshops at four different community partner locations.
Workshops and Drop-in Sessions for Fall 2022
North Shore Neighbourhood House at John Braithwaite Community Centre – Inspiring Workshops on Mondays from 1:30 to 2:30pm:
- September 26 – Celebrating Fall: Explore the wonderful colours, food and events that take place during autumn.
- October 31 – Holidays and How We Celebrate: Share treasured moments and consider easy ways to obtain festive food.
- November 28 – Winter Wonderland: As the weather gets colder, explore what brings you joy and what new things you might want to try.
Capilano Community Services – Monthly Workshops on Wednesdays from 1:30 to 3:00pm:
- September 21 – Drop in to connect with other caregivers, ask questions and find the resources you need.
- October 19 – Lifting You Up: Consider what brings you joy and new things you would like to try.
- November 16 – Holidays and Festivities: Shared treasured moments and easy ways to obtain festive food.
- December 21 – Looking Ahead: What are you looking forward to in 2023?
Silver Harbour Seniors Centre – Inspiring Workshops on Thursdays from 1:00 to 2:00pm:
- September 15 – Celebrating Fall: Explore the wonderful colours, food and events during the autumn.
- October 20 – Lifting You Up: Consider what brings you joy and new things you would like to try.
- November 17 – Holidays and Festivities: Share treasured moments and easy ways to obtain festive foods.
- December 15 – Looking Ahead: What are you looking forward to in 2023?
Parkgate Society – Drop-in Sessions on Fridays from 10:30 to 11:30am:
- September 16
- October 21
- November 18
- December 16
If you would like to know more or aren’t sure if these workshops/sessions are right for you, contact Robin Rivers at 604-988-5281 ext. 233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Caregivers Online Support Group
Connect with other caregivers in this welcoming support group. Experience support and community while you learn about topics related to seniors and caregiving. This online group requires registration. To learn more, or to register, contact us.
Grief Support Group
If you are struggling with the loss of someone close, our free 8-week support group can guide you through the process of grieving in a safe and nurturing virtual setting, with others who have also experienced loss. Facilitated by a Registered Clinical Counsellor. This group requires registration. Click here for details.